BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 4 February 2007

More Sion: Christmas 1988




Unlike in Britain where coordinating public transport to give good information and provide reliable through journey connections is not permitted as it is unfair to the poor old motorist who pays so much in taxes already, Switzerland's transport system works like clockwork. The busiest time is at mid-day when the school kids go home and all over the land local and country buses gather alongside the railway station, and once they've departed it can become almost empty for a couple of hours till the approach of the next key departure time.

2 comments:

Davidos said...

Very nice pictures,

I remember the FBW/Frech-Hoch (VS 16'098), to Daillon, PAH Evéquoz.
I travel once or twice with the Magirus (VS 1742) to Aproz-Fey. This bus belong to PAH Rielle until 1990.
The Saurer/Lauber (VS 1774) to Arbaz belong to PAH Constantin. It is a unique modell because the front indication "Arbaz"...

christopher said...

There seemed to be three identical FBW's in service with this operator. When I go travelling I always take a tape-recorder with me and I took a short ride on one of these C50U's to the outskirts of Sion and when the driver sounded it I was surprised to find it was fitted with a loud traditional 'Alpine Horn'.