BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 22 June 2007

Northwich: North Western


The vehicles weren't usually as smart as fellow nearby BET Group neighbours Trent or Ribble but I have a soft spot for North Western, and Northwich close to where I went to school for a couple of terms was not only one of the largest garages with seventy vehicles it had one of best kept fleet's. At the time in early 1966 most of the recent stock was AEC especially the double-deck Renown but apart from a couple of demoted Alexander Leopard express coaches the newest Leylands were a pair of now middle-aged Tiger Cub coaches 768 and 770 dating from 1959. I was lucky enough to ride of No.768 on a couple of occasions including the time when the school let me have a day out on the buses when I took it to Macclesfield. Even today I sometimes think about that trip when I drive my minibus to Manchester Airport down the lanes through Mobberley and Knutsford. Early in 1966 they lost their single cream band coach livery and as well as being fitted of OPO they official became dual-purpose machines and received the new appropriate livery which now replaced the former elegant red black and cream.

No comments: