BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 11 February 2008

Reading: Mill Lane Garage


This the second Reading Transport view quickly following on from the first has been prompted by a 'Comments Column' request. I try my best for you but I'm sorry some things I can't supply like Southampton's Seddons. But this lovely shot of the Corporation's Mill Lane Garage in Reading taken in 1994 is enough to inspire even the most disinterested of passers-by to take a peep inside. But why bother when parked outside looking suprisingly smart in the Reading Livery that unlike many colours of today at least included an area of chocolate brown harking back to the good old days of trolleybuses and AEC's were a couple of smart ECW bodied Bristol VR's. Sadly the once numerous municipals had been gradually dying out since my spotting days so it's was nice to see this important Berkshire town get a good slice of the disbanded Alder Valley when it took over the former Thames Valley Newbury operations.

1 comment:

Andy R said...

Thanks, just wonderful.

It's sad sad that the old depot, which hailed back to tramway days and still had tramtracks inside most of it, could not be saved.

It's interesting how the bus livery complements the brickwork/bath stone combination of the depot. Strange I never noticed it back then.