BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 9 February 2008

Surprise and Surprised in Porto


It might be only Febuary but there is a definate feeling of Spring in the air here in the England as the warm South Westerlies blow warm air tempting out bemused daffodils that by now should know better, ready for some good sharp frosts. So with retrospective Valentines in mind that still spring to mind I thought I would upset the purists amongst you by bringing to my city street a few more of my girls to add a bit of colour to those drab bus scenes. On my trip to Portugal in 1984 out of the blue diesel rush-hour haze I came face to face with a real beauty, a busty student Porto Girl. I don't know who was the most surprised but she didn't look quite so gorgeous a few moments later being not too happy when I took my photo. Actually at the time I was busy getting a couple of pictures of Porto's 45 1967 Leyland Royal Tiger Worldmaster buses, some of which had recently recieved the crisp styling afforded by their new second Salvador Caetano body. Thougtfully the bodybuilder had included from the old buses the now much sought after cat-badges taken from off the old scrapped bodywork. In fact I only took my shot a few seconds earlier but it created a totally different effect, and I got my bus too No.456. There were still some of this batch running about too that hadn't been so lucky and I photographed these as well.

Guys there are now many of you, and you get all this for free so how about a few more interesting comments please or even questions and requests? I will try to answer them

No comments: