BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Cardiff Bus Station 1980


I am much more attached to my monochrome photographs than the colour, maybe it's because they're my babies in the sense that I did everything from load the film to develop it and then create the print. But more importantly than that it was a chance to be creative too taking pictures against the light for interesting effects doing proper photography. Sometimes of course one had no choice if the sun was facing the wrong way but practice makes perfect. When I took this view in 1980 you can see I was still using my old Voitlander Vito2 Camera which was scratching the negatives and spelling it's demise. The buses and coaches here in Cardiff Bus Station were typical of the NBC at the time and the dual-purpose ECW bodied Bristol RELL6G in the South Wales fleet was working the once proud preserve of Neath and Cardiff Luxury Coaches and known affectionately by the locals as The Brown Bombers.

No comments: