BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 12 July 2009

Plymouth Milehouse Depot: Sir Francis Drake


A mishap earlier in life assured 1956 Plymouth Metro-Cammell bodied Leyland PD2/12 a long and easy life when following a de-roofing accident it was converted into an oper-topper. I don't know if Plymouth Citybus still own it but it was still being used occasionally as the spare in the late-Nineties long after most of the fleet's much newer Atlanteans had come and gone. Alongside it in the early-Eighties was another elderly half-cab survivor used as a driver training bus, another Leyland Titan PD2/12 but this time with Leylands own boywork, former No.397 of 1953.

1 comment:

didbygraham said...

Very much still owned and cared for by Plymouth Citybus. Rarely used in service these days it is still used on private hires, and was out just this last week.
A fine bus!