BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 1 December 2009

A quick one outside The Tate

It's always easier to pull up somewhere one shouldn't in a van as you can always say you stopped to ask directions. I expect it's even more difficult to get away with it now in London where one of the vast army of over-eager traffic-wardens appear from nowhere desperate to build up their weekly tally of fines. So I don't really miss distance driving any more but back in the Eighties my van often found itself in views too for a quick photo parked on double-yellows. This pause taken outside the Tate Gallery was to record the two Plaxton bodied coaches belonging to the well known operator's Tappin's of Wallingford, Oxford and Kenzies from Cambridge. But in the end I snapped these two passing DMS Class Daimler Fleetlines, one still with London Transport as DMS 469 whilst the other was in the blue and flags livery of sightseeing operator Cityrama.

No comments: