BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 21 December 2009

A Trent National: Derby Bus Station


I had only stopped for a few moment when this official came out to nab me for illegally parking on a disabled bay in Derby Bus Station. I wondered how he saw me so quickly but as you can see CCTV was there even in the days of the National. No doubt he let me off because I was driving a Jag in those days. Trent had plenty of these National1 buses which they repowered with DAF engines, behind it is a Leyland Lynx belonging to Felix. Despite protest from the consevation lobby this 1920's bus station was demolished which was a great shame as not only was it an elegant curved Art Deco structure it was one the first purpose built structures. The council argued that it was not in the right place and it's shape was not suitable for modern buses.

No comments: