BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Lancashire United Seddon


Built in Oldham the truck maker Seddon tried to make an impact on the bus market and won some notable orders particularly as the NBC took for Crosville 100 badly needed new single-deckers to speed OPO. Independent minded Lancashire United Transport didn't always follow the normal flow of things and ordered some Seddon RU's too with rather dated looking flat-fronted Plaxton dual-entrance bodies for one-person operation. This 1971 bus No 392 New in 1971DTC 740J was seen close to it's home depot at Swinton and lasted twelve-years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all due respect, in 1970 it was "OMO" not "OPO" :)