BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 16 September 2010

A Trent Leopard bound for Derby

Another early photo:
Trent doesn't seem to get the same attention as other former BET fleets. I rather liked them as they were always smartly turned out. However I suppose not  only didn't it catch the imagination the way of say North Western it shared it's operating area with greats like Barton. Here 1965 Plaxton Panorama bodied Leyland Leopard No.4 is bound for Derby at Manchester, Lower Moseley Street Bus Station when about a year old

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its nice to see Trent having some attention. As I worked for Trent for 30 years I suppose I am biased!! I worked in the engineering department and remember thses coaches well.

ECH 4-5-6C had the first air suspension on Trent, on bad road surfaces they rolled like a tea clipper in full sale. The seats were also pseudo leather (plastic) which was warm and sticky in hot weather and led to complaints from customers. ECH 5C was a fast mover and once overtook a Midland Red Coach on the M1 - cracking