BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 13 March 2011

Why did Midland Red buy retro-Plaxton bodies?

It was something of a surprise that Midland Red should take a batch of thirty Plaxton Panorama bodied Leyland Leopards in 1969 about a year after the new more streamlined Elite range had been launched. My guess is there were a large number of body parts left over and they were offered them at a knocked down price. However if that is true I feel they did not get a bad deal as the passage of time has left the impression that they were equally attractive in their own way. No.6243 WHA 243H was pictured as it approached Hanley Bus Station in 1979.

No comments: