BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 19 November 2012

Last stop for a Standerwick non-stopper

Some of you tend to think of buses as people and no doubt had this former National Travel coach been human it would be missing the exciting days when it sped passed these services most days in the fast-lane or even stopped here as a front line Standerwick coach in that attractive dark red and cream Ribble livery. The former Midland General Lodekka on the other hand is so boring and slow I'm sure it might be quite happy with it's lot as a Motorway staff bus here on the M6. I jest of course as todays buses are certainly not as interesting as they used to be and even down at heal these old-timers like these bring back fond memories of a more personal service, striking liveries and a proper bus network.

No comments: