BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 24 July 2014

Exeter: Jojo likes photographing buses and girls too

I don't have to ponder too long to think of the many advantages for being Jojo. Two of the less obvious is firstly women's loos are clean and spacious compared to a 'Gents' and I don't miss having to squeeze between two bolshy fellas or that annoying whistler in front of the fag butt and chewing gum depository urinal feeling rather uncomfortable and unable to empty my moments ago bursting bladder. Secondly part of my reason for enjoying life again is now I have this great little Cannon G12 Camera I'm getting back into photography. As street photography is what I like best being Jojo is far less intrusive than a man with a camera. Also most people don't even notice it and most of the others can't quite tell so no doubt the bored people who watch us in those CCTV rooms have no chance. Also the few who might realise I'm transgendered should leave me alone as they might feel it could be seen as sexual minority harassment. Now even though you might want to I'm not suggesting all the guys here on Flick should head off down to get kitted out at Ann Summers in a curly blond 'Dolly Parton Wig, pink PVC mini-skirt and fishnets as I do what  I have always done as Christopher and that is take pictures in a manner that is not too intrusive. Indeed it's just like being Jojo, one has to seem confident and purposeful otherwise it makes people and Big Brother annoyed and uneasy and they might just spoil your day!

No comments: