BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 25 February 2016

First Barbi Omnicity Scania 65042 in Newcastle

I'm sure a show of hands would vote against the so-called First Barbi livery and I too was one who hoped they might come up with something different. But I have to say the problem for me was not the design which was not a problem just all that depressing grey. Sadly the improved version is nowhere nearly as striking and the colours are even more muted making it greyer than ever and I wonder how it will look once it shows sign of wear, a bit like horror of horrors Barbi2.

2 comments:

Ross said...

I always assumed that First's fondness for grey was just them telling everyone exactly what they were (and are): a depressing, monolithic organisation with neither feel for nor understanding of the local markets they serve. Grey sums them up all too well.

After all, what else but lack of feel or understanding could explain the way they've destroyed what were perfectly viable companies such as Midland Red West and PMT, along with Badgerline and Western National, all four of which are now mere shadows of their former selves.
Thinking about it further, I don't think there's a single "First" company which hasn't shrunk massively since they took them over.

christopher said...

All I will add is Northampton!