BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 8 June 2016

666: The Devil if I care, my Plymouth and Bretonside Days have gone

Well it's exactly a year since I last went to Plymouth and it doesn't look like I will be going again as I now have no family there exactly. But over the years as elsewhere the things I loved about the place have been slowly stripped away, not just the demise of the Atlantean and VR, shops like Modelzone and of course wonderfully unique Bretonside with it's public area built underneath the pavement above, a place which which could boast a wonderful array of visiting coaches and activity on a good day but even the historic Barbican area has been tidied up and historic character spoiled so it now looks more like an imitation of itself or new-build visitor attraction. Of course it's still just as historic but the twee city planners have made it rather naff as one can no longer just imagine through half-closed eyes. Here at Bretonside are two Shearings coaches in different liveries, a Volvo B10m and a Leyland Tiger.

No comments: