BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 4 September 2016

Oldham Corporation Roe bodied Atlantean at Trans Lancs

List my top ten favourite things and it might just include parks, a love nurtured by childhood visits with my grandpa to feed the ducks here in Manchester. I think if a bus rally in one helps encourage people to enjoy all this urban greenery why not. I have certain reservations though as not only do buses not really belong standing on grass should it turn to rain there is not much cover and no even if the owners are usually a friendly bunch they don't usually encourage 'orrible kids' and muddy feet all over their pride and joy. A problem here at Heaton Park is every September the buses are lined up this way with the sun behind them to make photography that little bit harder. I didn't go this year but we shouldn't grumble as volunteers put in a lot of effort to make sure events run smoothly, indeed without them there would be no rallies. As a teenager I always liked the plum-pink on the Oldham Roe bodied Atlanteans like OBU 163F but little did I know later in life it would be in my clothing range as Jojo.

1 comment:

Paul Williams said...

We would like to park them facing the other direction: but the problem is that it leaves no safe and obvious route for buses to leave as they start to drift away from 4pm. Believe me we've looked at the issue several times, but on each occasion we've had to admit that the way we park them now is the only safe option given the layout of the site and the locations of patches that aren't suitable for a heavy vehicle.