BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 10 August 2017

Badgerline Volvo B10M Alexander D112 GHY in Taunton

One of the first things the newly privatised  Badgerline did was to break away from the old order when it came to buses and signed a contract to supply a fleet of singles, double-deckers and coaches in it's Western-super-Mare area which included support. I don't know if it was a  success or not as it was not repeated again but despite their austere looks these P-type Alexander bodied B10M's were a good bus and a joy to ride on. Sadly Badgerline and it's sister Bristol City Line became one of the core companies of First Bus and soon took on that 'Barbie livery greyness'. D112 GHY was seen in Taunton in the rather attractive green and yellow livery

No comments: