BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 16 April 2007

Delemont: PAH Mercay


I don't suppose anyone would want to publish a book on Swiss Post PTT bus garages except perhaps myself for they are usually fairly functional. But I'm glad I visited a lot of the old ones like Delemont in The Jura Region so that I could visualise the scene during my era when I was at school here in the Sixties. By the time I took this photo in fact all the true PTT buses had been moved into a spanking new garage a little further out of town on an industrial estate. For a time the local Post Autohalter contractor Mercay moved in to the old garage before finally selling-up and being absorbed into the main fleet along with some of the vehicles including the Mercedes midibus seen here.

No comments: