BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 13 August 2007

Where's this Mate? It's Manningtree between Ipswich and Colchester



This is one of those places whose name I usually can't remember, but Manningtree is rather more easy to remember as it has been in the news following the murder of a teenage girl. People seem to hate bus enthusiasts but we're not stupid we're just relics from an age when people had proper hobbies and didn't take drugs or be violent. However by the Eighties when Eastern National was part of the NBC with it's uninspiring liveries and large fleet of Nationals maybe it was time to head off down to the pub.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disappoint, but this would be on line of route between Bishops Stortford and Chelmsford, svc.33 operating between these two points; suggest Great Dunmow?

christopher said...

Thanks Ross, it's a long time ago and I did stop once in Maningree too. Coming to think of it I did do a job to Great Dunmow in my van and I also took some photos in Bishops Stortford..