BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 25 February 2008

Yorkshire Traction Metrobus


By 1986 many of the restrictions imposed on it's fleets by the National Bus Company had been relaxed as the organisation focused much more on making them attractive for Privitsation, or as with this former BET Company Re-Privitisation. So instead of it's more usual diet of ECW bodied Leyland Olympians the Barnsley based Yorkshire Traction was able to take delivery of sixteen MCW Metrobuses instead. I believe they were built to a reduced height and yes No.716 battling on it's way out of Leeds in the traffic when still quite new does look more squat and less lofty than normal. I haven't bothered too much with my favourite photographs tag as I've been posting a lot of colour but generally it's these more atmospheric monochrome shots that catch the magic of what bus photography is about. For me it's about the excitement of the evening rush-hour with it's noise, movement, people and traffic.

No comments: