BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 29 June 2009

Sorry we weren't looking for that type of Pole


Actually we do have many Polish people living in Stafford now but I don't think these two tradesmen are amongst their number. The attractive Arriva bus is more interesting as this Dennis Dart is not quite what it seems either as it was one of a small batch of four Marshall bodied Dennis Darts delivered to operate the Shrewsbury Park-and-Ride in 1994. After they were replaced on the contract M802-3/5 came to Stafford but M804 MOJ which had to be rebodied following an accident returned with a later style of Marshall body and went to Burton or Swadlincote. It was about three years ago and I only saw this bus once in Stafford because shortly afterwards in a cost-cutting exercise Arriva combined the Heywoods and Colwich services with the former Stevenson's 404 Service to Uttoxeter using Stafford based Darts .

3 comments:

Andy R said...

My favourite poles are the ones used for dancing. :-)

I wonder has anybody ever thought of converting a bus for that sort of thing? The grabrails would do just fine.

christopher said...

I think it would be difficult and the girls would get rather bumped bruised as the bus went along. The trouble is an old bus might be rather unglamerous and there is not much headroom.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.