BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 14 July 2009

We might not all miss National Express...

......but quite a number of us will miss their tuneful elderly MCW Metrobuses, in my mind as symbolic to Birmingham as an icon as the Routemaster is to London. However National Express Group or not, already well passed their sell by date their days these faithful stalwarts are coming to an end anyway. This bus was off it's usual beat in Walsall as it was working the rail shuttle contract from Stafford to the Weston Park Rock Festival last Summer. Personally I would be rather sad to see the end of National Express and especially as it's biggest predator is the rather grey and uninspiring First Group which in my opinion is too big and remote already. Variety is the spice of life but should First get West Midlands Buses maybe they would be forced to sell what was formerly Midland Red West to increase competition across the West Midlands and Worcestershire boders.

2 comments:

busing said...

Any chance of a picture of a MCW Metropolitan double deck or a Metro-Scania single deck?

Omnibuses Blog

christopher said...

Yes I'll find one for you as I rather like them too.