BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 3 September 2010

Ribble's old Kendal Garage

Ribble had a garage at Station Road in Kendal which also shared a small part of it's allocation of forty-eight with Garstang and Grange. Following Privatisation it passed to Stagecoach who covered it's buses in these candy-stripes. Still I am rather impressed as the company which like Ribble kept it's predominately white panelled fleet looking clean and smart. The two centre vehicles a Duple Laser bodied Tiger and the open-top ECW bodied Olympian are typical NBC stock and came from Ribble whilst the Alexander bodied Olympian and Volvo single-decker were very typical of Stagecoach at that time. When Stagecoach took over Greater Manchester South it divided it's operation so that the former Ribble operations became known as Cumberland long used by Ribble's smaller BTC neihbour to the west of the county which was also now owned by Stagecoach.

No comments: